By The Spiritual Explorer | Published 17 February, 2016
Dear Spiritual Explorer: If you had only one healing oil to choose, which would it be? Sarah P., Pensacola, FL
Dear Sarah: Since I’m always thinking of healing, having been in the holistic healing profession for years, I would first think of an oil that would fight viruses and that would make me consider the benefits of eucalyptus oil. Of course, I would immediately look to Triloka Eucalyptus Essential Oil. This 100% pure, essential oil, will subtly pervade the air with pleasurable and therapeutic aromas. Its penetrating fresh, clear eucalyptus scent purifies, stimulates and promotes well-being. Not just totally refreshing. eucalyptus is a very healing scent and is also known to be quite medicinal. It’s traditionally used for respiratory ailments. The bottle contains 1/3 fluid ounce.
Let’s look at the many benefits of eucalyptus oil
The health benefits of eucalyptus oil are well-known and wide ranging, and its properties include anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, decongestant, deodorant, antiseptic, antibacterial, stimulating, and other medicinal qualities. Eucalyptus essential oil is colorless and has a distinctive taste and odor.
Though eucalyptus essential oil has most of the properties of a typical volatile oil, it’s not very popular as an aromatherapy oil because little was known about it until recent centuries, rather than the more ancient aromatherapy substances. The numerous health benefits of eucalyptus oil have attracted the attention of the entire world, and it has stimulated a great deal of exploration into its usage in aromatherapy as well as in conventional medicine.
4 more benefits of eucalyptus oil
- Wounds: Eucalyptus essential oil has an extraordinary benefit because of its germicidal quality. Other benefits of eucalyptus oil can be seen through healing wounds, ulcers, burns, cuts, abrasions and sores. It is also an effective salve for insect bites and stings. It also protects the open wound or irritated area from developing infections from microbial activity and exposure to the air.
- Respiratory problems: Eucalyptus essential oil is effective for treating a number of respiratory problems including colds, cough, runny nose, sore throat, asthma, nasal congestion, bronchitis and sinusitis. It is antibacterial, antifungal, antimicrobial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory and decongestant in nature, which makes it a good ingredient in many medicines that treat respiratory problems. Gargles of eucalyptus oil mixed with warm water are consistently effective in treating sore throats.
- Asthma: This is a condition that affects millions of people around the world, and there are many known treatments for the condition. One of these is the use of eucalyptus essential oil. Simply massage 1-3 drops onto the chest and the soothing effect of the aroma and vapors will calm the throat and dilate the blood vessels, which will allow more oxygen into the lungs and normal breathing can be achieved.
- Mental exhaustion: One very important reason that many people use eucalyptus oil is that it creates a cooling and refreshing effect. Normally, people suffering from certain conditions and disorders are slightly sluggish. Eucalyptus oil, a stimulant, removes exhaustion and mental sluggishness and rejuvenates the spirits of the sick. It can also be effective in the treatment of stress and mental disorders.
Another 5 benefits of eucalyptus oil
Aside from mental exhaustion, the benefits of eucalyptus essential oil can be seen through its stimulation of mental activity and increase of blood flow to the brain. Since the essential oil is considered a vasodilator by many, it means that it increases the blood flow around the body by relaxing the blood vessels and allowing more blood to circulate.
- Muscle pain: If you are experiencing joint and muscle pain, massaging eucalyptus oil on the surface of the skin helps to relieve stress and pain. The volatile eucalyptus oil is analgesic and anti-inflammatory in nature.
- Rheumatism, lumbago, sprained ligaments and tendons, fibrosis and even nerve pain. These very painful ailments truly benefit from the application of eucalyptus.
- Dental care: Another benefit of Eucalyptus oil is very effective against cavities, dental plaque, gingivitis and other dental infections owing to its germicidal properties. This is why eucalyptus essential oil is so commonly found as an active ingredient in mouthwash, toothpaste, and other dental hygiene products.
- Lice: Due to its well-known qualities as a bug repellent and natural pesticide, it is frequently used as a natural treatment of lice. Some of the mainstream treatments of lice can be very severe and damaging to the hair, as well as packed with dangerous chemicals that you don’t want being absorbed into your skin; so combining a few drops of eucalyptus oil through a lice-infested head is a much better and healthier solution.
- Intestinal germs: Eucalyptus oil is a vermifuge and is frequently employed to remove germs in the intestine. Studies have shown that ingesting eucalyptus oil can deter many of the bacterial, microbial, and parasitic conditions that arise in the various parts of the body, particularly susceptible areas like the colon and intestine.
You can truly see why the Spiritual Explorer is so enamored of the benefits of eucalyptus oil, and we have not even scratched the surface. Stay tuned for more benefits!
If you have a question about the “benefits of eucalyptus,” or anything else, you can write me at Ask The Spiritual Explorer.
This entry was posted in Oils. Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.