Skip to content
- A therapeutic yin practice that activates the body’s self-healing potential through total relaxation and stillness
- Presents gentle, adapted postures to promote recovery from injury and illness and relief from stress and fatigue
- Includes transitional yoga movements and stretches to perform between the postures to release stiffness and lubricate the muscles
- Contains a deck of 16 posture cards and a 75-minute audio CD of guided practice
- In The Therapeutic Yoga Kit, Cheri Clampett and Biff Mithoefer combine the gentle healing of Therapeutic Yoga and the quiet awareness of a yin practice to present 16 gentle postures that relieve stress and fatigue and promote recovery from injury and illness. Therapeutic Yoga is a blend of Restorative Yoga, gentle yoga, breathwork, and meditation that releases the body from the fight-or-flight response caused by traumatic events and life’s everyday stresses. A yin practice encourages the attitude of acceptance and helps us leave behind our yang need for constant striving and action.
- Each pose represents a gentle, adapted posture that is held for 10 minutes or more in a fully supported state. The authors also include transitional yoga movements and stretches to perform during the routine to release stiffness, rejuvenate the muscles, and lubricate the joints. The 16 posture cards and 75-minute audio CD of guided routines and meditations that accompany the text facilitate the creation of a personalized practice. The authors emphasize achieving total relaxation in the specific postures to activate the body’s self-healing abilities. It is in this place of comfort and stillness where true healing begins.